Hello, dear readers! I don’t want to sound like thirteen years old version of myself but today I decided to talk about that time of your life when interesting, charming person appears in you life and – BAM! – you realize you have a crush on them. You are not quite in love with him or her but are convinced that in beneficial conditions you might fall for them. As you start slowly transferring from “having a crush” to “being in love” part, your brain most likely starts to come up with the weirdest thoughts and assure you that either you are destined to be with this person or you are plain dumb and making the biggest mistake of your life by just giving a small hint about your feelings towards this special person. Briefly said – there is a total shitshow in your head. So here are 20 silly and annoying thoughts you probably get when you start falling for someone.
- What if he/she is just super friendly in general and what I confused with flirting is just plain friendliness?
- What if he/she is not into girls/guys?
- What if I’m too young/old for this person to be romantically interested in me?
- What if I’m too straightforward while showing my interest and he/she is not even interested in me? Oh, what an embarrassment that would be!
- What if this person actually has a crush on me and I’m not showing enough interest in him/her? That way I risk losing a chance to ever be with my crush and someone else will take that chance instead.
- What if I’m not his/her type?
- What if I have done something wrong that changed this persons opinion about me?
- What if he/she is already in a relationship and isn’t looking for anything?
- What if he/she is already in a relationship and is looking only for a side piece?
- Why does it take so long for my crush to respond to my messages?
- Why are his/her responses so short?
- At which point I can get more personal in our conversations?
- What is that person with him/her in the picture? Are they just friends or…?
- Why he/she is so emotionless whenever we spend time together? Is my crush an actual Cyborg or just not interested?
- How can I find out his/her relationship status without making it too straightforward that I’m romantically interested?
- We haven’t talked in few days. Should I call or text first?
- I’m so done with hiding my feelings. I will tell my crush everything the next time we meet.
- Okay, looks like this person isn’t interested in me at all. I’m so done with him/her.
- Oh no! I was too immature/flirty/awkward in the last message I sent?
- Am I already friendzoned? If so, how do I know that?
- Should I try out my chances with someone else while I’m not sure about his/her feelings towards me?
- Does he/she even thinks about me?
- Do I even have a crush on him/her? Maybe this person is just my soulmate and future best friend because we definitely have a lot in common.
- Do long distance relationships ever work out? What if we become a couple and he/she starts cheating on me because I’m not around?
- What if he/she is single but someone else has a crush on this person? What if this random person is already making a move while I’m just sitting here and over-thinking?
Those are all the silly, weird and overwhelming thoughts that everyone could have in this confusing time of your life. I’m so thankful that the awkward, early teenage years have passed long ago and I don’t fancy anyone just because they have good looks and everyone likes them. To be honest, I’d rather delete that part of my life when I had terrible first crush at the age of 11 and later on – super awkward and sloppy first kiss with a guy I just met that day on cruise when I was 14 years old. Side note – we never talked again. However, being almost nineteen doesn’t mean that managing my love life has gotten much easier. I might not over-analize every glance from my crush and every text message but I’m still confused about a lot of things and that gave me an inspiration to make this list. But, looking from the positive side, even all the crushes that did not work out and the rollercoaster-like relationship that ended after few years made really good stories to remember.
Also, let me tell you a secret – the last and only relationship I have been in gave me an inspiration to write a book. I still remember, how few months after getting to know each other he said: “You should write a book about how we met.” I am sure that we wasn’t really serious about it that time but after everything ended and wounds have healed, I decided that writing a book is exactly what I am going to do. Our so-called relationships was one hell of a ride with its ups and downs and that’s why it would fit in a book so perfectly. However, the main idea of the book is not to idealize it and the whole “I met him and he changed me” part is just one of the few main things in it. That’s all I am going to tell you about the book because right now I am working on first rough draft and I don’t really want to jinx it. 🙂
That’s it for today’s post. Which thoughts on the list have you had while having a crush on someone? How did they impact your relationship with your “person of interest”?
Love, Porcelain Doll.