Hello, dear readers! If you are anything like me, you have had big goals as long as you can remember. However, there might be times when you feel tired, unmotivated and just want to procrastinate. Well, you are not the only one, I tend to struggle with this, too. So I decided to take some time to observe and analyze my own behaviour during those times and figure out, how to get out of it. Here are 5 amazing tips I came up with that increased my productivity instantly and can increase yours, too!
- Make sure your room / workspace is warm enough. One odd thing I noticed – if it’s too cold in my room, all I want to do is sit under comfy blankets, watch TV series and procrastinate. For a while I didn’t even notice that this is a problem but when I finally did, I realized it’s time to turn that heater on, get out of my bed and get stuff done.
- Make sure you don’t have lowered blood pressure. If you do, get some coffee. This is a huge one for me. I used to feel tired almost every day for years and couldn’t figure out why. One day my doctor told me that it might be because most of the time I have lowered blood pressure. That turned out to be the reason why I wanted to sleep most of the time and felt exhausted. How did I fight this? Simple, with coffee. I know that some people are pretty skeptical about it, mostly because of the thing called “caffeine hangover” which tends to have similar effects as alcohol hangover. I experienced only once in my life, after about 5 or 6 cups of coffee when I really wanted to be creative & productive. So, friendly advice – don’t drink more than 3 cups of coffee a day.
- Make a to do list. This might be such a cliché but it actually helps me. Every morning I make to do list and try to cross out aismany things as possible that day. Somehow it us super fun for me. And, as someone, who used to struggle with depression, this is a great thing for me. Now I can realistically look back at what I have done that day and say: “Wow, I was very productive today!”Create a Girlboss (or Guyboss) playlist. It’s crazy how much music can affect your mood. If I have some sad, calm songs in the background, I honestly feel like crying instead of getting stuff done. Sad music might be acceptable only when I’m painting or drawing (sometimes). In case you need some ideas about songs that will make you feel pumped, check out my “Playlist of a Girlboss” on Spotify here:
- Stop over thinking and complaining, just start doing it. It’s crazy, how much time we spend wondering, if we should really do something and trying to find reasons for procrastination or not doing it at all. The best way, how to do something is just to get up and do it. Turn off all the thoughts that make you want to procrastinate or doubt yourself and just get to work!
- Plan a day or few every month for relaxation or a quick getaway. It doesn’t matter, if you go to school, work or do both – this routine can be exhausting. Every week is pretty much the same and, especially if you have to do something on weekends, burnout can become a real threat when you don’t plan some time for recharging. Only since September I planned some “off days” in my monthly schedule and it has been very helpful. My stress levels are not as high anymore and I don’t get ill as often.
Those are all the productivity tips I have for you today, that I have tried myself. It would be easy just to look something up on the internet but sharing my experience seems way more genuine. Have you tried any of these productivity tips? Or maybe you have your own favorite productivity tips? Share in the comment section!
Until next time on dollshavehearts.com !
Love, Porcelain Doll.