Hello, dear readers! It’s currently Tuesday evening as I am writing this because last week was very… eventful. I’ve moved to a different city, got another tattoo and am walking from one job interview to another, trying to decide which one to take. At first I was panicking, wondering, who would ever want to hire me and then – bam! – I have had eight job interviews already. I think, I won’t go to any more and just take my pick now. But enough about the life update, it’s time to share another lovely post with you which today will be 6 things that I have been obsessed with in the first half of 2018. I know that a lot of other bloggers share monthly favorites but, honestly, my taste doesn’t change that often and, considering the fact that I post about 4 posts every month, I would rather share more of other things. However, this time I decided to share 6 things I loved this year so far. Enjoy!
- Movie “American satan”. Since I discovered it in early January, this has been one of my favorite movies ever. I have watched it several times and every time I watch it, it still is exciting. And no, it’s not only because of Andy Biersack although he looks handsome. The reason why I love this movie is the plot and amazing soundtracks, who are performed by the band Palaye Royale (even though movie presents the as songs by fictional band The Relentless). If you are into rock music, a little edgy movies or you simply like Andy Biersack and Black Veil Brides, you will love this movie.
- Band “Mother mother”. I don’t remember when exactly in 2018 I discovered this band but I definitely think they are underrated and deserve more attention. If you don’t know where to start, I would suggest to listen to their latest album “No culture” first. My personal favorites from it are “Love stuck”, “The drugs”, “Mouth of the devil”, “No culture” and “Family”.
- TV series “Dynasty”. When I first saw the trailer, I didn’t think that TV series about spoiled rich people would be my thing but after two or three episodes I became addicted. At first Elizabeth Gillies caught my eye but then I actually stayed for the intriguing plot. Sadly waiting for season 2 is a real struggle. However, give “Dynasty” a try!
- Youtuber Muchelleb. At some point you have probably heard me mentioning inspiring youtuber Kalyn Nicholson, who posts videos about planning, organizing and basically getting few steps closer to your dream life. Muchelleb posts kind of similar content but isn’t as well-known, so I decided to give this girl a little shout out. I have started watching her channel at the beginning of this year and I still love it, especially videos about minimalism.
- Musician Barns Courtney. My latest and probably biggest music related obsession that I stumbled across sometime in May. He falls under folk pop and blues rock genres and his music is the closest to some music ideal in my head. The guitar in every song and the mix of folk and rock vibes just makes it sound a little dark but empowering at the same time. I am still at the process of discovering his music but so far my favorite songs are “Kicks”, “Golden dandelions” and “Champion”.
- Book “99 francs (14,99 euros)” by Frederic Beigbeder. If you know me, you are probably aware that for a while my favorite writer has been Frederic Beigbeder. When it comes to music, movies, books or any art form, I love a lot of shocking, dark and weird stuff. “99 francs” is one of those books that most people would consider weird, even shocking and disgusting but it also includes a lot of interesting and deep thoughts, and unusual but great humor.
I will end this list here and a little early because I simply lack time to write longer post at the moment, however, it is my pleasure to share a little bit more of my thoughts every week. Thank you for reading and until next time on Dolls Have Hearts!
Love, Porcelain Doll.