Hello, dear readers! I am writing this blog post in the afternoon of Wednesday and maybe you have started wondering, what has occupied my mind so much that I can focus on anything else, not even sleeping. I would not call it love just yet but… at the beginning of July I met someone and we have been seeing each other ever since. Our first date lasted for 24 hours, we never run out of topics to talk about and the more I spend time with him, the more I want to see him again. Hanging out with him seems completely natural and I have never felt so comfortable with a guy ever before. I do not have to stress about every sentence that I say or that I am bothering him by texting first, or that he might be repulsed, if I ever forget to shave my legs. Surprisingly we have started this lovely, no-bullshit relationship, things are going very well and I decided to share some of my favorite date ideas we have made come true or plan to do so very soon.
- Cooking each other’s favorite foods for each other for dinner. Super simple yet lovely. For some random reason I, who does not like to cook all by myself, enjoy working as a team and cooking together. I love observing, how good we can work together and find compromises.
- Going out to a club. Okay, this might not be for everyone because most people prefer to go clubbing with their friends. I, however, do not like weird dudes hitting on me, so I am bringing my own guy with me for two reasons – I always have someone to dance with, who will not ditch me for someone else and I feel safe.
- Going on a road trip to another city, perhaps even abroad. This is something we have not done yet but plan to do in near future, so I am very excited already. What is even more fun – we are planning to bring his best friend with his girlfriend along, too. So that mixes this date idea and the next one I am planning to mention into one.
- Any kind of double date. I think, we accidentally had one when my friends called me last minute and I had to change my plans for them but I did not want to leave my boyfriend hanging. I figured out that it might be fun to bring him along and turns out that was a great idea because my friends really liked him, too.
- Movie night. Do not even argue – nothing beats same old movie night at home. You do not have to pay a way too much money for tickets, you can bring your own snacks and cuddle while enjoying the film. Side note – this can be combined with no 1 and/or no 4.
- Bonus idea: Go to the beach. I bet you did not expect to see more than 5 date ideas but… surprise! This one is no brainer but it is way more fun than doing it alone. And, knowing me, I do not go to beach alone, like, ever and have a weird habit of procrastinating on doing things because “ah, I have other stuff to do and this one will not be that fun anyways”.
Anyways, I am ending this list here because my thoughts are drifting away to other stuff and I am few scrolls away from falling down the rabbit hole of Pinterest because looking for new date ideas can be addicting. Hopefully any of these ideas will be useful for you. If not and you are single – keep hoping that your future partner is somewhere out there, waiting for you. I already thought that I have been betrayed so much that I will not be able to open my heart for someone ever again but here I am. I have actually met someone, who likes me for who I am and treats me like a real guy should treat a girl. I am sending positive vibes your way and until next time on Dolls Have Hearts!
Love, Porcelain Doll.