Hello, dear readers! Now, when this post is going live, it’s Valentine’s day already and, as we know, there are two types of people on Valentine’s day – couples and singles. Also, it’s widely known that singles must hate this day. We are brainwashed with the idea that our self worth depends only other people opinions about us and the amount of attention they give to us which is completely wrong and unhealthy. I am currently single, even though with a possibility of dating someone in a near future, and I’m not filled with joy on Valentine’s day either. To make the situation better, I decided to come up with few great solo date ideas for you and me to try. Admit it – doing these will be way better than drinking wine, eating ice cream and crying in front of a TV while watching “Titanic”. It’s time to stop feeling bad about your relationship status and enjoy the day like you deserve. So here are some of the best solo date ideas.
- Solo movie night with your favorite home-cooked food. Pick a movie or few from any genre except romance and cook something. Nothing quite tastes like self-made pizza, tomatoe soup or any other healthy version of a food you truly enjoy. Just stay away from junk food, don’t punish your body with that crap.
- Try out new restaurant you’ve neve been to. If you live in a city, this is a great opportunity to explore it. You don’t have to go to the fanciest restaurant nearby, just find a place you have never been to. Even better, if it has some foreign cousine and a dish you haven’t tried before.
- Buy yourself a nice piece of clothing, maybe even whole outfit. When was the last time you have felt like a godess in your clothes? Now is the right time to get that feeling back.
- Go to a movie or theatre play alone. Who said you always need someone to come with you? Looking from the bright side, this activity can be even more enjoyable without someone sitting next to you and commenting on everything that happens on the screen or on the stage. Side note: Try to avoid anything romantic, if you can.
- Go to a pilates, yoga or zumba class. Or anything else that makes your heart beat faster. Most likely you won’t see any couples there and, as you already know, phisical activity makes you release endorphins and that makes you feel great. Isn’t this option way better than eating whole tub of ice cream while watching “Titanic”?
- Create at home spa day (or evening). Buy yourself a nice bath bomb, face mask, scrub, body cream or anything else your heart desires. Then treat your body with all of those things, paint your nails, maybe try out new make-up look. Why drown in self pity, if you can get busy with self care?
- Plan a date with your single besties. I know that I have said “single date” ideas. While you can’t make this idea come true on your own, at least you don’t need a lover for that. And there’s not greater way to rebel against Valentine’s day than to embrace your single life with your single friends.
- Go for a walk in parts of your city you don’t usually go to. I have lived in my city for almost four years but even I don’t know all the nice coffee shops, cafes, shops and bookstores it hides. It easy to think your city has nothing to offer, if you’ve lived there for years and walked the same road thousands of times. Get out of your comfort zone and explore. Who knows, what you might find!
- Go for a walk with your camera and take photos of everything you find interesting and beautiful. It does not matter, if you are an amateur or pro – enjoy your walk and perpetuate all the amazing moments.
- Get in touch with your inner child. I know we are adults now but do you remember what you enjoyed the most when you were seven years old? Maybe twelve? Did you used to enjoy jumping rope, learning dances from tutorials or singing? Maybe drawing, coulouring books or trying out different DIY’s? Try doing that now and don’t be ashamed – no one is watching. Sometimes it feels good to bring back certain childhood memories.
That’s all I can offer you today. 🙂 What are your plans for Valentine’s day? Let me know it the comments. Until next time on Dolls Have Hearts!
Love, Porcelain Doll.