Hello, dear readers! Have you ever dreamed about living happy and organized life? Most likely you have. But have you ever tried to plan everything and just live the life you want? I bet there will be two types of answers to this question: “No, not really.” and “Yes, but it didn’t work out for me.” No matter which answer did you pick, you still have a chance to take one step closer to living your dream life. At the beginning we will be starting out small, so that’s why today I decided to talk about creating a morning routine.
“But what’s a morning routine? Don’t I already have one?” Those are the questions you may ask. Well, if your morning routine includes snoozing the alarm at least five times, hoping out of bed the very last minute and skipping breakfast, then no – you don’t. To have an amazing life, you need to start with making your day awesome. Firsyou have to start it the right way. Morning routine isn’t only about getting dressed and making coffee. It’s way more than that. To give you an insight into this, I will share some things that you could include in your own morning routine.
- Write. If you’re a blogger or a writer like me, morning is the best time to write. Your mind isn’t cluttered with daily worries yet and you’re just one coffee cup away from getting into your “getting shit done” mode. So try to set aside at least 15 minutes in the morning to get some writing done.
- Exercise. You have probably heard a lot about morning yoga, running in the morning etc. Pick any type of physical activity that makes your heart beat faster and body move. If you don’t want to include exercising in your morning, you can make it a part of evening routine.
- Write something in your journal. This one is very similar to the first idea, however, you don’t have to be a writer to write in a journal. This is for your personal well-being. Just reserve some time in the morning to write everything that is on your mind, things that you are thankful for etc.
- Make some coffee or tea to take with you. It seems like no-brainer to some people but have you ever thought how much money you spend when you buy coffee or tea in a coffee shop? Just make a hot drink in the morning, pour it into you thermos and you are good to go.
- Make your bed. Another no-brainer but it is nice to do it right away, so when you come home, you don’t return to messy rat’s nest.
- Read few pages of a book. Just few months ago I unpleasantly surprised myself with the fact that I could not find a time to read. At all. I used to be such a bookworm in elementary school, I barely could put a book away but then high school happened. Most evenings I was too tired after school that I went straight to bed. However, I missed reading too much, so I created a morning routine in a form of a checklist and included reading in it, too.
- Wash your face. Especially, if you are a teenager and have a problematic skin like I do. I never had a time for some complicated skin care routine but as soon as I started washing my face every morning with some face cleansing gel, my skin got way better.
- Plan your day. It’s your choice, if you decide to plan your day in the morning or in the evening before but I highly suggest you to do it. Planning not only makes you get more stuff done but also makes you feel better about yourself when you have completed the tasks and seen, how much you have done.
- Take a shower. For some people it helps to feel more refreshed and ready for a new day. For me it only puts in my “I am ready to go back to sleep” mode. Take a risk – maybe morning shower is all you need to be the best version of yourself for the rest of the day.
- Have a cup of coffee. This is a suggestion for those poor people just like me, who have low blood pressure all the time and, if they don’t get their daily dose of caffeine, they might as well cast in Walking Dead.
- Watch Girlboss series type of video on Youtube. Just one video can inspire you for the whole day if not longer. My favorite Youtubers, who post a lot of girlboss aka boss babe related stuff are Hannah Ashton , Kalyn Nicholson and Nika Erculj . Just don’t get caught up, they are pretty addicting!
Now that I have shared the most popular ideas for your morning routine, it’s time to make it. You don’t have to include everything I mentioned in this post, just pick whatever is closer to your heart. The main goal of a morning routine is to prepare you emotionally and physically for a productive day. Stay awesome and see you on my next post on dollshavehearts.com !
Love, Porcelain Doll.